Police station advice is free without means testing. It is funded by the Legal Aid Agency and we have contracts at our Lancaster, Kendal and Barrow offices with the Legal Aid Agency to provide you with free legal advice at the police station.
You are entitled to criminal legal aid for representation at the Magistrates Court. Criminal legal aid is subject to a merit and means test which we would be happy to undertake without any charge. Please contact one of our solicitors for advice on whether you are entitled to criminal legal aid.
You are entitled to legal aid at the Crown Court but may have to pay a contribution depending on your means. Please contact one of our solicitors for advice on your entitlement to legal aid at the Crown Court.
- Motoring matters guilty plea where there is a risk of loss of licence is £500.00 plus VAT
- Guilty plea representation at the Magistrates Court is £250.00 plus VAT
- Not guilty plea fee for trial/tracked trial:
- Trial listed ½ day £750.00 plus VAT
- Trial listed full day £1000.00 plus VAT
These fees are subject to our terms and conditions and prior approval.