I have enjoyed many years of practice since qualification in 1995 acting for first time buyers. I find that first time buyers appreciate the support and guidance from an experienced Solicitor. The key features of our Service are as follows:
• Providing clients with an overview of the process at the outset of the case to avoid surprises.
• Taking detailed instructions from the client at the outset so that we can flag up to clients the important information that is required from the beginning of their case. For example, are they proceeding with a help to buy ISA to assist in the purchase.
• At the outset of the case we provide a case plan of the key steps.
• At the outset of the case we provide a clear quotation of the legal fees making it clear what would be charged and how much the total cost would be. This avoids surprises at the end of the case when we send an invoice.
• We undertake all the key searches and the legal work thoroughly. We provide our client with a legal report in writing. We explain all the legalities of their purchase.
• We flag up any issues that may cause them a problem when they come to sell the property.
• Often first time buyers purchase leasehold flats and we take particular care to explain the pitfalls of purchasing leasehold flats. For example, ground rents that increase year on year.
• We undertake conveyancing at our Kendal office and we see clients at the office face to face to explain the complex issues that are often encountered for the first time.
• We undertake conveyancing at our Barrow office and we see clients at the office face to face to explain the complex issues that are often encountered for the first time.
• We provide a financial statement which is clear, so that clients can understand how much they are paying and what they are paying for.
• As is frequently the case with first time buyers, monies are being gifted to them by a family member. We are used to dealing with the requirements of mortgage lenders on gifted deposits and guide clients on what is required from the beginning of their matter. This avoids delay.
• We process help to buy ISA bonus applications for clients.
• We process stamp duty land tax returns for first time buyers and make sure that the correct exemptions are claimed so that you do not have to pay stamp duty.
• We register your property correctly at the land registry so that your new home that is conveyed to you, whether in Lancaster, Kendal or Barrow, is properly registered in your name.
For further information do not hesitate to contact me on any of our office numbers.